1/3/08

Theme Free Thursday

The Iowa Caucus and Just Exactly What the Hell That Might Be

I have to confess that my heart just isn't in it tonight. How can one be expected to focus on blogging when all over Iowa people are apparently caucusing with feverish intensity? That's what they told me on NPR anyway - throughout my morning and afternoon drives. Now, I consider myself an intelligent person. I have an advanced college degree, and I'm reasonably well read. On top of that, I actually like to look up difficult words in the dictionary, but I just looked up caucus, and I still have no idea what the hell people all over the state of Iowa might be up to tonight. The only thing I'm fairly certain of is it will likely involve thousands of sweaty hands. I'm in the dark here - and that mysterious area some refer to as the core of my being tells me the dark may be where I'm better off. -Mr. U

2 comments:

Barb Mowery said...

Thank God for CNN! I was wondering the same thing yesterday and stumbled upon this dummies guide to caucuses. It actually sounds fun.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, though a fire drill at a rodeo sounds like it would be more fun to me.