1/7/08

Just Another Music Monday


"All I wanna do is (boom, boom, boom), and (click, ta-ching) and take your money."

In the words of Meat Beat Manifesto, "It's in my brain now," and I just can't get it out! If you don't recognize the above italicized lyric that's ok, I haven't really heard her on the radio either yet. But considering I only listen to the Hip Hop stations when my daughter is in a particularly tortuous mood she could be there and I just haven't heard her. By her I mean M.I.A.. I was just browsing on NPR, minding my own business and saw that they were reviewing her and so I decided to check it out. I played this song called Paper Planes and that was it, I was hooked.

Now I am not a huge fan of Hip Hop though I do like some club music. I remember back in the good ol' days living in Pittsburgh, finding an abandoned warehouse, raving until the early morning hours, drinking dixie cup after dixie cup of smart drinks(the legal kind). Despite that though I think that this M.I.A chick is wicked cool and as cute as a button to boot. Check out her video at her myspace website here. When you've listened to Paper Planes check out her Jimmy video next. It combines 70's disco with Bollywood India style music! I just love it!

Listening to her NPR interview left me very confused though. I liked her London brogue accent but I'm still not exactly sure what she said.......who cares because

"All I wanna do is (boom, boom, boom), and (click, ta-ching) and take your money."

No comments: